2019年8月22日 星期四

Anecdotal Teaching Life (22.08.2019)


22 August 2019 Team Building Day

Learnt a lot today. Including all the development pointing towards research and scholarly activities. A couple of colleagues mentioned to me about the college's support of academic research. I'll have to be patient enough to see whether such support is pervasive. But I dare not think about having to teach or research in GBA... given all the social unrest nowadays.

The floor curling game was fantastic. I was team leader and lost big time in the "mini league", but I learnt a few things: (i) always be appreciative; (ii) how my leadership would bring about is not guaranteed to be positive, but members' understanding is very important -- they'd been very supportive of what I did; (iii) be humble yet enthusiastic about what the team is doing. This is also helpful when I'm not leading -- support the leader.

So far I hope I can stay longer here, if this place really allows space for my growth.


沒有留言:

張貼留言