2019年8月22日 星期四

Anecdotal Teaching Life (21.08.2019)


21 August 2019 Academic English Subject Meeting

I wasn't told my teaching subject had changed until I asked. True that it takes time to smoothen communication channels, but I did feel being left out as a newcomer. I don't mind teaching any subjects, though.

However, I would need to adjust my expectations on who I'm going to teach. The subject targets secondary school leavers who would be less proficient in English. We as teachers were told to be patient and encouraging, which is a must to me. But it gives me some sort of anxiety inside: what if they don't like my teaching at all?

There are also lots of details about teaching the subject. I feel that these details are just to ensure no mistakes would be made. Of course we are shouldering all these responsibilities; I hope there'd be someone backing us up if we make mistakes -- I mean I'd admit them if I do, but it'll make me feel better if the leaders are still supportive.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to meeting my new students in 1.5 weeks' time.

沒有留言:

張貼留言