2019年8月31日 星期六

Anecdotal Teaching Life (30.8.2019)


30 August 2019       Getting ready

This is the last week of preparation: a week full of workshops and teaching planning.

I would say I'm ready for delivering the classes, but on the other hand feel under-prepared, because I don't have full control of what I teach. It feels like a double-edge sword to me: having someone prepared everything for me means more time to explore my own stuff -- writing papers and preparing for research/ monograph proposals. At the same time, it seems to me that it goes away from what I want to do -- even if it's just for a moment -- take control of my own subjects.

I cannot ask for more at this stage, and it couldn't be better now. Perhaps, let me grow in this place and let the events lead me to where I want to be.

(Nothing much going on with social life here, but I had the luck to have lunch with Wayne on Monday. The lunch in the picture was served in a cafe near the College. Both the carbonara and the Americano tasted good.)

沒有留言:

張貼留言